Monday, July 9, 2012

Merrick - 3 Months Old

Our little bubbers is 3 months old, and he is actually almost 4 months old at this point.  I realize I missed posting at 2 months old.  I am in that mother of multiple children phase where there are just not enough hours in the day, so I am a bit behind on multiple things such as this blog, Merrick's baby book, photo books, etc.  We are having a lot of fun this summer, so I am hoping to get a little more caught up this fall and winter.  The getting ready in the mornings, work, baths, supper, cleaning up, grocery shopping laundry, snuggle time,etc. seems to be eating up all of my time at this point.  Even though there are not enough hours in the day, I would not change a thing about life right now.  I am so thankful to have a firecracker of an almost 4 year old and a smiley, snugly baby taking up all my time.

Anyway, Merrick is growing as babies tend to do.  In between 2 and 3 months old, Merrick came out of having fussy times, and he is a really happy, content little guy.  The smiles started to come out, and he melts my heart every time.  Around 2 months old, Merrick started to smile in response to me.  I felt so special as it was hard for other people to get Merrick to smile, but he would always smile for me.  I do enjoy having a little momma's boy.  In the last few weeks, Merrick turned into a super happy, smiley guy, and he will really smile at anyone now.  

In the last week or two, Merrick also started giggling.  Baby giggles are one of the sweetest noises ever.  He giggles when I sing him "Zippedy Doo Da . . . " and when Chris makes his legs jog and then run.  I love it.  

It is hard to see changes in Merrick on a daily basis, but boy does he change a lot from month to month.  He is becoming more and more alert to things around him.




















































































 































Merrick is not really holding toys at this point, but the little guy LOVES to hold, snuggle, and suck on little blankets.  It is a good thing that he received 2 taggy blankets and a soft, satin blanket as gifts.  He is also sucking on his fingers and drooling like crazy.  I keep wondering if there are teeth in there trying to come through, but that is not the case so far.  He is happy guy with his fingers and fist in his mouth and drool on his onsie.  






























.
Hi, I am little bubbers


































In the last few weeks, we also started putting Merrick in his jumperoo, and he LOVES it.  In the last week or so, Merrick can really get a bouncing in his jumperoo.  Although, it really tuckers him out, and all of sudden, he is passed out cold sleeping.
























I have really been enjoying Merrick as a little baby, and I am trying to cherish the time as I know how fast they grow up.  I am not sure how Laila got so big and mature.  I am trying to tattoo some of the precious moments in my brain to always remember.   One of those tattoos is sleepy time as there is just nothing more precious than a sleeping baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment