Sunday, May 6, 2012

Merrick - 1 Month Old

Our little Merrick is one (1) month old.  From birth to one month old, Merrick was such a sweet, cuddly, little newborn.  I very much enjoyed cuddling with him and watching his adorable and sweet newborn faces. 

Once Merrick hit five(5) weeks old, he apparently decided it was time to start doing things.  Week five (5) was a big week as he started to smile a little bit in response to Chris or I talking to him, and he also rolled over from his tummy to his back.  Our little bubs is also starting to talk and it is ever so sweet.  I love when he opens his mouth to try and make a noise, and I can see he is trying hard but just cannot get a noise out.  Then when Merrick does make a sweet little noise, he smiles as he is so proud of himself.  I find it to be precious.  

Merrick enjoys laying under his activity blanket, laying on the floor kicking like a wild man, and at times, tummy time is o.k.  At other times during tummy time, Merrick will scream with his head in the blanket (I fear him suffocating himself), fall asleep, roll over, or just lay with his head to the side looking around, making tummy time a bit of a challenge.   Merrick has tried the Bumpo seat, and at this point, he is not a fan yet. 

Despite Merrick meeting some milestones, I am still enjoying his little baby faces, and I love to take little naps with him sleeping on my chest.  I am trying to eat up all this cuddle time knowing that he will be on the move before I know it, and cuddle time will be a premium.

We are all eating him up and loving on him like crazy.  He is a perfect addition to our family.    







































No comments:

Post a Comment